8 Resolutions To Keep You On Track For 2018
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas with all their loved ones. It's crazy to think Christmas has come and gone; and now we are about to say goodbye to 2017 and enter the New Year.
With the New Year comes the opportunity for a fresh start and your HEALTH & FITNESS should be no different. However we may get overwhelmed with our desires to improve everything in our lives at once. Here are 8 attainable fitness resolutions you can easily do with NO excuses.
1. Train for a 5k. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are, training for a race is easy. Even if you don't have a gym membership you most certainly have asphalt. Go run outside and feel the breeze in your hair. There are also amazing running magazines that can help you along the way.
2. Hold a Plank. This is a great exercise to build up your core strength. You can go increasing your time and eventually hold a plank for 90-120 seconds.
3. Take a Dance Class. grab your girlfriends and sign up for a dance class. this is a great way to get that heart rate up while learning some new moves.
4. Drink More Water. i know this is something that many of us fail to do. However, its the simplest. there is water all around us and its not expensive. you can get yourself a really cute bottle and fill it up in your sink. 1 gallon a day would be ideal.
5. Walk More. Instead of taking your car everywhere, why not opt to walk instead? We all get caught up in a routine that we don't even bother to change it up. Perhaps your gym is around the corner; get your warm-up done while walking there.
6. Eat More Fruit. This doesn't sound as bad as telling you to eat more veggies right? Fruits are a great way to curb those refined sugar cravings yo may get and have tons of benefits.
7. Sleep More. I mean c'mon who doesn't want to sleep? How relaxing does that sound. The benefits from sleeping more are endless. Start prioritizing your sleep in 2018. Work can wait until tomorrow.
8. Work Out in the AM. I may be a bit biased here since I am an absolute morning person and enjoy working out at 5am. However, being an early bird does have its benefits, You feel more energized throughout the day and since you started it off with a workout your prone to making better choices throughout the day, You also have the rest of the day to relax and not stress about finding time to workout.