How to Find the Right Trainer?
First, I'd like to congratulate you on making your health a priority and deciding on doing something that will change your life......... in a good way. Many people "talk the talk" but they don't "walk the walk" so good for you for taking action.
Now that you've embarked on this journey, you want help and guidance in doing so, which I think is extremely important especially if you are new to the scene. Choosing a trainer can be difficult since their are so many out there and its unregulated. Often times people make a vast decision on a trainer and end up getting hurt, damaging their metabolism or getting ripped off. A trainer is someone who has the potential to change your life and you SHOULD take your time and choose wisely. You need to do your research and make an informed decision.
Before you start looking for a trainer, you should know whether you want online coaching or private 1:1; and you should have a goal in mind as far as your fitness and health. These two things will determine how to go about searching for one and what to look for in your trainer.
Now that you've got that covered I'm gonna share with you a couple criteria that I believe are extremely important when it comes to find a trainer.
1. What are their credentials? Are they certified?
2. What experience do they have?
3. Set up a phone call or a meeting and see if you feel comfortable with them.
5. What is their training style or specialty? Does it fit with your goals? ( See this is why its important to know what they are beforehand)
7. Professionalism. This is a big one for me. I've seen a lot of trainers who just hit on their clients or get a little too frisky with them.
9. Nutrition. Stay away from those who give a cookie cutter diet who looks the same to all their clients. Everyone is different and they should not have the same diet.
10. Ask for referrals.
After you've done your research and finally picked a trainer, don't forget that you can always change your mind and walk away from the situation. You are the BOSS and you should not feel trapped with anyone.
If you want to make the most out of this experience make sure that you do your part and put in the effort. Just because yo hired a trainer doesn't mean that they are a magician and will get you the body you want in an hour. You need to put in the hard work and dedication to get the results you desire.
Hope this helps and if you have any questions I'm here to help.