10 Ways to Boost Energy
I wake up at 5am everyday to go workout. You would think that by 1-2pm I would be crashing. There are some days that I am a bit more tired than others, but for the most part I am pretty energized. My clients are always asking me how I do it and still have a smile on my face? Well I love coffee but I’ve said it here before, it's only for the taste because I drink decaf. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while then you’ll know that I suffer from severe anxiety and can’t have a lot of caffeine, so that is definitely not it.
I do believe that there are a couple of useful things that you can do to boost your energy daily. These are my tips on how I do it:
1. Have a positive mindset. I consider myself to be a pretty positive, upbeat person and I think this helps a bunch in regards to overall energy. If you’re a Debbie Downer you are most probably drowning in your sorrows all day and that can be pretty exhausting.
2. Exercise. Have you ever been so tired that you’ve almost skipped the gym but once you’ve worked out you feel more energized? Well there you go! When you workout, your body is releasing endorphins that help you feel amazing!
3. Stay hydrated. If you spend all day without drinking water you will get dehydrated which will cause fatigue.
4. Eat nutritious foods. Try and eat as many fruits and veggies throughout the day as you can.
5. Limit caffeine. What?! No caffeine when your tired?! The reason I say this is because caffeine is a diuretic so it will cause you to become dehydrated which will zap away your energy.
6. Fill up with fiber. In doing so you won’t feel hungry which will help you stay away from all that crappy food that will make you feel sluggish.
7. Reduce stress. It can cause a toll on you mentally and physically.
8. Get 7-8 hours of sleep. Now a days most of us are only getting 4-5 hours of sleep and that is not enough for our bodies to rest and recover, especially if you're working out.
9. Limit Alcohol. Alcohol is a toxin to the body and in the same way that caffeine dehydrates, so does alcohol.
10. Limit additional sugar. All this will do is cause you to have a crash midday.