Arroz "Chia" Con Leche
This recipe was inspired by my Cuban heritage. However, if your Cuban than you know everything is unhealthy! Even the way they make rice is super fattening, they put lard! Yes you read that right...lard.
This weekend I was in the mood to bake/cook but I wanted something different. Something other than your typical "protein brownies or cookies". SO here we are.......Arroz con Leche.
Healthy Arroz Con Leche
Yield 2-4 servings)
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk( you can use almond if you prefer)
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 in. piece of lemon rind
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- Sweetener to taste
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds
- Ground cinnamon for dusting (optional)
Combine,tick, n rind din a saucepan, Scrape the seeds from inside of the vanilla bean and add to the pot with the actual bean as well. Bring to a gentle boil and remove from heat. If you wish to add sweetener do so now. Let cool
Remove the vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, vanilla pod and lemon rind from the milk. Pour in Chia seeds and mix. Place the mixture into an airtight container and place in refrigerator. Allow to cool overnight.
* Tip* Shake the container whenever you remember to avoid any clumping.
Calories: 146/ F: 7.5/ C: 12.3/ P: 6.9